What is a konjac sponge?
The konjac sponge is derived from the mountainous regions of Asia, where is it created from the fibrous root of the konjac plant. Originally used as a dietary and medicinal food, its beauty origins extend 1,500 years into the past when locals began using the fiber to gently cleanse sensitive skin. Its natural texture allows for effective exfoliation of dry, rough skin without irritation, making it an ideal beauty tool.
Why choose Lumière de Vie Konjac Facial Sponge Set?
This beauty tool is gentle enough to use on all skin types, even the most sensitive. Unlike skincare products developed with chemical exfoliators or beads, the konjac sponge is made from the fibrous root of the plant, giving it a unique texture that provides exfoliation without irritating the skin.
*For deep exfoliation, it is recommended to use a traditional mask or microdermabrasion.
What are other ways to use the konjac sponge?
Firstly, these sponges can be paired with your cleanser to remove daily makeup, dirt and oil, and can even be used around the delicate eye area. Secondly, they effectively refine pores through gentle exfoliation for polished skin that is prepped for skincare treatments. Finally, pair the sponge with a shower gel to cleanse, clarify and revitalise skin all over the body.
How do I use Lumière de Vie Konjac Facial Sponge Set?
- Submerge the sponge in warm water until it fully expands (10-15 minutes with the first use)
- Massage skin using gentle circular motions (use with or without a cleanser)
- Using the cotton string, hang in a well-ventilated area to dry
- Submerge the sponge in hot water for 5 minutes once a week to cleanse
- Using the cotton string, hand in a well-ventilated area to dry
- Do not use until the sponge has fully dried and returned to its natural state